Thursday, June 11, 2009

Looking for employment one can do from home

By Mary MacElveen
June 11, 2009

What may be my last post here on marymacelveen.com since I can’t afford to pay for it, I do have a free blog which is located at http://www.mary_macelveen.blogspot.com. I have never asked for donations as I have written my pieces over these past nine-years as a non-paid writer.

While I still enjoy writing, I have come to realize there is no money in doing so and quite frankly, I have to be somewhat selfish at this point and seek a job (preferably one I can do from home), since I am an epileptic and do not drive.

I am not a tech-savvy person, so intricate computer work is something I am not qualified to do. However, I am an energetic person who is willing to learn other jobs in order to make money.

I will be 51 years-old this coming July who wants to re-enter the job market after 19 years of raising two children who will soon be on their own. Getting one’s ducks in a row to plan one’s future is a must for me.

My strengths are sales since I once worked for Lord and Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue and JC Penney. Other strengths are writing and great communication skills since I am a people-person. As a writer over these past nine-years, research is something I am great at when sourcing information for any column I have written. I do not know if there is money to be made in researching information, but I thought I would throw it out there. If you are a private investigator, perhaps you need someone to do research for you? That is a field that has always intrigued me. If you are in the news media and do need a person to research information from home, I am trainable.

At this juncture of my life, my goal is to make money and I am a driven individual.

You can contact me at xmjmac@optonline.net