Monday, September 20, 2010

Hawaii Five-0: New actors who look to make this show their own

By Mary MacElveen



September 20, 2010


While I am a summer person, one thing that comes in the fall is the new procedural dramas that are aired on many networks. I love sitting down, chilling and getting involved in the myriad of characters, plots and yes, the actors.


A few weeks ago when working, I was checking out the magazines on my check-out line at work and saw that a new “Hawaii Five-0” was to be aired on CBS via the “TV Guide”. I knew this long before that via YouTube.com. I checked out the YouTube.com feed and loved IT! New actors and how this new team became this unit.


One actor in particular caught my eye and he is, Alex O'Loughlin who once played one HOT vampire for one season on CBS's “Moonlight”. For the life of me, I could not understand why CBS canceled this show, but hey, Alex is back. YES! Alex is a British actor who is able to come off as an American actor similar to Hugh Laurie of Fox Television’s “House”.


I swear if one did not know these facts, one wouldn’t believe it.


These new actors did not look to replace the characters on the original series, but make these characters their own set within today’s parameters. Those parameters are terrorism and human trafficking within the opening show.


All day long as I spoke to co-workers and customers alike, I psyched them and me into watching this new program. Even the opening credit theme tune stuck in my head. I even hummed a few bars. Let’s leave it at that…LOL!


For those of you, who have not yet watched the opening credits to this show as well as its theme, please go to http://tinyurl.com/2unngvb within the credits you will see a familiar actor, Daniel Dae Kim who played on ABC's "Lost". While on “Lost” he may have been lost, in this new model of “Hawaii Five-O” he is anything but lost as he finds a new purpose in his life.


All I can say is that this new show is as action-filled as the one many grew up with that aired in the sixties. I truly hope that you check it out next Monday on CBS at 10 PM ET. Oh yes, hum the theme song as many times as you wish. It will certainly get you in the mood.


Should you wish to email the author, please do so at this email address: xmjmac@optonline.net